Professional teeth whitening is long-lasting, but it’s not permanent. To extend the results of your stain-free smile after teeth whitening, we recommend avoiding pigmented foods and drinks, like coffee, red wine, curry, and tomato sauce. Your dentist can also provide you with detailed and personalized instructions on caring for your white smile at home and in between dental office visits.
The White Teeth Diet
Foods and drinks you can consume after teeth whitening include:
- Clear, light-colored, and low-sugar beverages
- Fish, chicken, and tofu
- Rice, bread, and pasta
- White cheeses and plain yogurt
- Light-colored fresh fruits and vegetables
These foods and drinks are light in color and have low acidity, so they are great for eating after having your teeth professionally whitened.
Other Ways to Keep Your Teeth White
- Brush and floss regularly to remove plaque, stain-causing molecules, and food particles.
- Quit smoking or reduce tobacco use, which can cause enamel to be yellow and be challenging to remove.
- Receive regular dental checkups and cleanings to keep your smile healthy and reduce staining.
Professional Teeth Whitening in Midtown Manhattan
Years of drinking tea, wine, and coffee can cause tooth stains and discoloration, even if you brush and floss regularly. At the dental office of Helma Philips, DDS, we use Philips Zoom! teeth whitening to remove surface-level and deep stains. If you want whiter, brighter teeth, call us to schedule a consultation with Dr. Philips at our Midtown dental office.