Dr. Helma Philips, DDS, FICOI, FMIII
General, cosmetic, and implant dentist, Dr. Helma Philips, opened her elegant boutique office on Madison Avenue in 2007 after designing and building it for a year, guided by her experience in a Central Park South dental office over the previous ten years.
Dr. Philips believes dental problems are easily detected in their early stages, and she can then treat them cost-effectively and comfortably before they progress.
Cosmetic dentistry is coming of age with procedures that make a beautiful smile accessible to everyone and merges both health and beauty.
Dr. Philips built her practice on a solid foundation of 20 years of experience in general, restorative, cosmetic, and implant dentistry. She is focused on health and adopted mercury-free dentistry over 15 years ago.
Education & Accreditations
- After graduating from New York University College of Dentistry in 1995, Dr. Philips has continued to advance her professional qualifications through extensive post-graduate studies.
- She successfully graduated from the famous two-year program, “Implantology: Surgical and Prosthetic Treatment” at NYU, leading to an International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI) Fellowship.
- She completed the challenging Advanced Surgical Course at the Zimmer Institute.
- Her desire for knowledge and perfection hasn’t ended. Dr. Philips followed with the world-renown Dr. Dennis Tarnow one-year program “Continuum-Fundamentals and Advances in Contemporary Surgical and Implant Dentistry.”
- She followed up in her passion for the best by associating with the famous educator and author of most textbooks in Implantology, Dr. Carl Misch, and graduated from his one-year program in surgical implantology. Dr. Philips was honored with a Misch International Implant Institute Fellowship.
- Dr. Philips is an Invisalign certified provider
- She also has certifications in CPR and advanced training in emergency medicine.
- Dr. Philips is certified to provide BOTOX® and injectable fillers for facial enhancements to complement the smile.
Dr. Philips has attended numerous cosmetic dental courses at NYU through the years.
She attends regular meetings of local organizations she is affiliated with to stay current in all advances in dentistry. Dr. Philips belongs to study clubs and attends both dental seminars and workshops.