Choosing a dental implant to replace a tooth is an excellent long-term option for the right patient. To find out if dental implants are right for you, Dr. Helma Philips will address a few areas to ensure that your dental implant has the best chance for success.
- You are in good oral health and disease-free
- You do not take certain medications, such as bisphosphonates
- You have adequate bone to support the dental implant post
- You are dedicated to maintaining your routine dental appointments
- You will wear a nightguard if recommended
- You want a long-term solution rather than a quick fix
If oral health conditions, such as periodontal disease or decay currently exist, Dr. Philips will organize a treatment plan designed to get you back on track to good health before proceeding with dental implants in our Midtown Manhattan dental practice.
For patients who have bone loss due to periodontal disease or tooth loss, bone grafting can often open the door for successful dental implant treatment.
As with all dentistry and your natural teeth, a commitment to brushing, flossing, and regular exams and teeth cleanings will protect your smile over time.
To find out if dental implants are right for you, contact Advent Dental located in Midtown NYC to learn more.