Having beautiful, white teeth can boost your confidence when socializing or conducting business. Whether you’re in the boardroom or on stage, professional teeth whitening in Midtown can give you a star-studded smile you deserve.
The Midtown dental office of Helma Philips, DDS, offers in-office Zoom! laser teeth whitening gives you a perfectly white smile in a single visit. Unlike other teeth whitening systems, Zoom! laser teeth whitening quickly and effectively removes deep stains and improves the appearance of discoloration.
Professional teeth whitening doesn’t last forever, but it is very long-lasting. The better you care for your teeth, the longer the whitening effects will last.
How to Make Your White Smile Last
Professional teeth whitening brightens your teeth and removes any stains from food, drinks, tobacco, and more. But how do you keep your teeth looking radiant after your teeth whitening treatment?
Here are some tips for keeping stains at bay.
- Rinse your mouth after eating and drinking.
- Stay hydrated by drinking water throughout the day.
- Brush twice daily and floss once every day.
- Drink clear or light-colored liquids. Dark drinks—such as coffee, red wine, and brown sodas—stain teeth.
- When drinking acidic drinks, use a straw.
- Avoid smoking or using tobacco products.
- Enjoy foods good for your teeth, like leafy greens, apples, and more.
- Avoid eating acidic and highly pigmented foods like dark berries, curry, tomato sauce, and ketchup.
Doing all of this can maintain a healthy, white smile free of unsightly dental stains and discoloration.
Routine Dental Cleanings Maintain a White, Bright Smile
We recommend maintaining your routine dental exams and cleanings with your dentist, Dr. Philips. We typically ask patients to visit us every six months, but some patients may benefit from more frequent checkups. We will check your teeth and gums during these appointments and professionally clean and polish your teeth to help keep your teeth white.
Our hygienist cleans your teeth using specialized instruments that clear away plaque, tartar, and stains that you can’t get at home with regular brushing and flossing. The hygienist then polishes away surface stains, and we will give you personalized suggestions to help keep your teeth white and bright for an enduring, confident smile.
Please get in touch with us today to schedule your teeth whitening session or dental cleaning.